I started with a recipe for Grand Central Baking Company’s incomparable oatmeal cookies, and made a few brief modifications.
- Preheat your standard oven to 375F, or for a convection oven, 350F.
- In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients (left column above)
- In your stand mixer, cream together the other ingredients (right column above)
- Once the wet ingredients are well mixed, dump in the dry ingredients.
- Mix slowly, in bursts until everything is just barely sticking together. Then stop!
- Make balls of dough and smash them down to cookie shape on the pan. They do not spread very much at all, so what you shape is what you’ll get.
- Bake just until the slightest brown shows. Depending on the size of your cookies and type of oven, this will happen in 12-20 minutes.
- Cool at room temp, scrape off cookie sheets, and serve as soon as you dare!